Saturday, September 5, 2009

No More "Sizzle & Spice"

Sad time for all Sime Darby Centre, Dunearn Road occupants, as per yesterday, Sept 4, we will no longer have our very own and famous cafeteria "Sizzle & Spice". Though the food weren't too sizzling nor spicy, especially after you stayed there for sometime and had to eat the same food day after day... but nevertheless, they actually had nice and appropriate foods, they even had the vegetarian day!

My favorite was always the breakfast... bee-hoon goreng with luncheon meat or eggs (Uncle knows that I don't like the half-cooked egg), sometimes I changed egg with fried wanton (and again he always knows I want 2pieces of the wanton). At times I ordered the sandwich, too... always cheese and egg, and he knows that I like it with no cucumber. Last time when Pingkan was around, he knows that he has to cut the sandwich in triangle shape for her, as for me he cut it to square. The recent favorite of mine was his Thursday dessert "Beancurd Barley". I extremely love this desert, it's not too sweet but not tasteless, just perfect! Every Thursday I always buy 2packages of it (I eat a lot, yes), and if I couldn't go upstairs early, he will spare for me until I come and pick it up. Such a nice, Uncle...

Obviously many people will miss him, as he's a very kind guy. Always try to keep good relation with everyone in the building. I noticed that he actually remembers each and everyone in our office, that when one's no longer there, he will ask "Hey, where's the other guy? Where's the other girl? Why I never see him again?"... Things like that.

Anyway, again, life learns us that you don't know what you have until it's gone. I know we tried as much as we can not to eat upstairs for sometimes, because we got bored of the food and we wanted to breathe the air outside. But now when it's gone, you feel sad, feel lost and wish that it hadn't gone away, that you want to have tasted it longer.

I am not sure of what the building management will do with the left space. Maybe they will find new operator to run another cafeteria, I would be happy if they open KFC there! (just and idea :) ). But also maybe they want to use it for more offices... That means, in the future, we have to fix our own breakfast from home and have lots of stocks of instant noodles, as when it's raining at lunch time you can't possibly go anywhere (unless you want to drive), and in Singapore no delivery order operates when it's raining.

Good luck, Uncle!! Thanks for the friendship and the good food!

No comments:

Post a Comment